The following are organisations and charities that can offer you free independent advice and assistance to deal with your debt and other problems.
Please click on the names to visit the relevant website.
Free independent debt advice companies:
- Step Change - registered charity which assists people with free debt advice
- Christians against Poverty (CAP) - a national debt counselling charity
- National Debtline - gives advice to people with debt within England. Scotland & Wales
- Debt Action NI - offers free, confidential and impartial debt and money advice within Northern Ireland
- Money Advice Scotland - acts as a portal to free and impartial money advice agencies in Scotland
- Citizens Advice Bureau - helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems
- The Insolvency Service - provides advice to the public on insolvency and redundancy matters
- Money Advice Service - free service set up by government to help people make the most of their money
Other Consumer help sites:
- Advicenow – offers advice on rights and legal issues by acting as a portal for access to relevant sites
- Gingerbread - provides help and support for single parent families
- Age UK – seeks to free older people from poverty, isolation and neglect (Help the Aged and Age Concern charities have merged together)